As you probably know, Maryland has amended the stay-home order and dental offices are now approved to provide elective procedures. While we have been open for emergency procedures all along, we will begin scheduling patients for elective procedures effective Monday May 11th.
We have been working diligently over the last few weeks to implement expanded infection control protocols to assure safety of our patients and team members. Below, you will find a list of our expanded safety protocol which has been shared with all active patients and will be communicated with new patients in the future. We realize many patients will have concerns about continuing dental treatments at this time. However, we hope such communication can put their mind at ease.
- Please use our online forms
- Pre-appointment confirmation calls to asses any changes in your health
- Mask requirements: All patients are required to wear own mask while in office.
- Hand sanitizer to be used by all patients before entering office
- Temperature checks: All patients are checked for fever with thermometer
- COVID-19 health questionnaire for new and returning patients
- Limitations on companions: Please minimize number of family members or friends accompanying you to your visit. Only patients are allowed entry within the office. Family members or friends must remain in the outside reception area.
- Companion chairs outside of office with safe distance from others
- New scheduling protocols to allow safe social distancing between each scheduled patient.
- Writing pen: Patients may bring your own pen if they wish or use ours
- Remote consultations and follow up (Tele-dentistry) will be implemented to minimize onsite appointments if possible.
- Advanced notice by patients who have experienced symptoms related to COVID-19
- Daily health assessment and temperature check of team members at beginning of day
- Full personal protection equipment for all surgical team members
- Mask worn by all team members at all times
- Ongoing training on OSHA and infection control protocol and close monitoring for compliance.
- Continuous and thorough disinfection of ALL surfaces in the office and sterlisation of instruments
If you have any questions or need assistance, please contact us at 301-656 6800 or send email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Adam Navabi